Thursday, May 15, 2014

When a volunteer almost made me cry

Hello. Lama tak berjumpa ye.

Anyways. hai. It's 2014, I graduated from NUS and I have transitioned into the working adult life.
But that's pretty much the difference from the before and now. haha.
I'm still the same old same old. (with braces and a cute bike. haha)

So, it's 15th of May 2014,
I was doing my work as per normal, talking to some volunteers from an established company who wanted to do their CSR over at my workplace.

and this volunteer talked to me.
And oh my Allah. I swear, it's this little reassurances that make me feel all better that I have not made a mistake.

After talking about the kids profile and what my organisation does for them, he said

'What you're earning now is not for the present. It's for the hereafter. You invested your time and energy on to the children and it's a way to pay God. I'm a Christian, you're a Muslim, and I'm sure we hold some similar values towards giving back. I was a volunteer at church before so I know what it means to barely making ends meet with the pay. You should never compare your salary to your other friends. I'm from Sri Lanka and I didn't know such situations (that we discussed earlier about the kids) exist in Singapore! So rest assured, you're doing the right thing okay?'

HAHAH. okay aku hahaha loudly cause I swear MY TEARS ARE WELLING UP OKAY.

so kental.

okay and my #1 fan of utinkicare.blogspot has requested for me to continue blogging. I'm sure my fanbase of 1 will be happy that I'll continue blogging. This is for you, S. HAHA.
and also cause I need a platform to rant. 140 characters on twitter aint gonna cut it yo.

and oh
TAK SEMESTINYA DEGREE HOLDER AUTOMATIK GAJI 2.5K ABOVE K
AKU IS LIVING PROOF OF THAT. HAHAHA

takper takper. ingat pahala.
but suspek pahala semua kena diskaun pasal all the shit I do ah. haha
That will be for another post. haha

1 comment:

best faci ever said...

I'm also in your fanbase!
Number 2.